Director, Talent Development
Published on 05/22/2023Guide Stone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Director of Talent Development will be responsible for leading and managing the development and delivery of leading edge, transformative leadership programs and organizational effectiveness interventions that support GuideStone’s mission and vision. The ideal candidate is an accomplished, high-energy leader who has experience collaborating with managers and leaders at all levels, and a proven history of building a progressive leadership development strategy. This role will lead a small team and report directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
What you will do:
Develop and execute integrated management and leadership development programs and processes to drive professional growth and accountability across the organization.
Consult with business leaders to understand their leadership and management development needs for input and the appropriate sponsorship, engagement, and alignment.
Facilitate leadership programs and conduct individual coaching or consultations with various leader levels.
Monitor impact and value of programs such as: enhanced talent pipeline, retention and new behaviors clearly demonstrated.
Support the development of succession pools identified in the Talent Review process; ensure creation of development plans and follow through on developmental action plans agreed upon.
Responsible for the employee engagement survey results and action plan
Work closely with HR partners to collect and coordinate aggregate data for talent pool and translate those data into insights through data analysis that drives deliberate action plans at the appropriate levels.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s degree, preferred.
- HR certification, preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience working in Leadership Development and/or HR related discipline
- A thought leader in the leadership development field with the desire to leverage leading edge practices the organization
- Demonstrated performance in leadership development strategy, design, and implementation.
- Ability to establish strong presence with leaders at all levels, including executives
- Experience in the facilitation of leadership development programs and courses
- Experience with personality or leadership assessments, interpretation, and feedback and multi-rater assessment tools
- Ability to execute on multiple projects with extensive detail coordination and program management
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong influencing and consulting skills
- Executive coaching experience desirable
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Experience with Workday, preferred.
- Exhibits high emotional IQ including self-awareness, adaptability, and organizational awareness.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with protected information.
About Guide Stone
GuideStone is a diversified Christian financial services provider, offering retirement, insurance, investment management, property and casualty coverage, and executive planning products and services to the Southern Baptist and wider evangelical Christian community. GuideStone sponsors the nation’s largest Christian-screened registered mutual fund family and is located in Dallas, Texas.
LocationDallas, TX 75244