Associate Software Developer - Content Management System
Published on 03/13/2023Guide Stone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Associate Software Developer is responsible for business software application development, enhancement, maintenance, and support. Works on multiple projects as a project team member and on smaller, moderately complex projects that require a singular area of expertise.
What you will do:
- Develops or modifies software using disciplined software development processes.
- Adheres to quality standards and procedures.
- Participates in the project planning and estimation with team members.
- Conducts unit, integration, and manual testing of code to ensure application meets specifications.
- Provides ongoing maintenance of applications.
- Utilizes source control and automated pipelines to promote changes following standardized procedures.
- Provides status reports to supervisor.
- Utilizes Microsoft tools and frameworks for application development and deployment.
- Performs software development within an Agile process on a Scrum team.
- Willingness to learn and train in our content management system.
- Other duties may be assigned.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in management information systems or Computer Science, preferred.
- Travel not typically required. May periodically travel for conferences or training opportunities.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, required.
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures within the IT Software Development field
- Exposure to any content management system is helpful but not required.
- Aptitude to learn complex technical skills and adapt to technology changes.
- Ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical end-users.
- Must demonstrate a commitment toward self-improvement through on-going learning of our business, our applications, and development technologies.
- Ability to work effectively alone or in teams.
- Must have complete confidentiality regarding GuideStone business matters.
About Guide Stone
GuideStone is a diversified Christian financial services provider, offering retirement, insurance, investment management, property and casualty coverage, and executive planning products and services to the Southern Baptist and wider evangelical Christian community. GuideStone sponsors the nation’s largest Christian-screened registered mutual fund family and is located in Dallas, Texas.
LocationDallas, TX 75244