Manager - Institutional Account Operations
Published on 11/22/2022Guide Stone - Dallas, TX
We are an innovative organization that invests in the spiritual, relational, financial, physical and professional development of our employees. We have a culture that values excellence, teamwork, humility, integrity, compassion and stewardship.
What We Offer You!
We offer employees a generous benefits package, flexible work schedules, the opportunity to be involved in community outreach and tuition reimbursement.
The Manager – Institutional Account Operations position exists to provide direct ownership of the institutional trading function and reporting system used by GuideStone’s Investment line of business. The person hired for this role will be expected to operate both tactically and strategically, ensuring day-to-day efficiency and accuracy in GuideStone’s investment trading and operational systems.
What you will do:
- An in-depth knowledge of GuideStone’s investment processes and approach to institutional investing.
- Thorough understanding of various investment vehicles, strategies and terminology, particularly related to GuideStone Funds, private alternative investment vehicles and asset allocation.
- Oversee execution of each day’s trading activities.
- Manage direction letters to each manager to satisfy liquidity needs, capital calls, etc.
- Confirm liquidity requirements between GuideStone Funds and proprietary/client accounts and effect appropriate actions across platform.
- Confirm wires have been sent/received and that all inter-account activity was completed/recorded on a daily basis.
- Day-to-day tactical and strategic oversight of GuideStone’s third-party institutional investment management platform.
- Coordinate the delivery of relevant GuideStone Funds information from the custodian(s) and transfer agent.
- Coordinate the delivery by private fund managers of all information required to support the input of valuation, performance and relevant characteristics of each alternative investment.
- Work with the Portfolio Management team to identify information that should be added to the system and establish a standardized method of input.
- Obtain relevant information/data (via manager portals, data providers and other sources, as needed), enter acquired data into the system and perform regular checks on all records.
- Monitor and maintain data integrity related to investment valuations, asset classes, benchmarks, called/uncalled capital and account-level activity (contributions, distributions, reallocations, etc.).
- Add and maintain target portfolio and benchmark allocations for internal and institutional client accounts.
- Build and maintain risk models within the system and troubleshoot issues related to proxy assignments.
- Create new accounts, add new investments to daily custodian feeds and set up all applicable investment properties for new investments in the system.
- Create and maintain reports on behalf of internal end users and institutional clients.
- Research and identify system enhancements that may promote data integrity, increase operational efficiencies or otherwise add value to GuideStone’s Portfolio Management and Investment Services teams.
- Liaise between GuideStone and the third-party vendor to scope, prioritize and implement all identified system enhancements.
- Value-add reporting for use by all relevant parties within GuideStone.
- Create and distribute timely, accurate and robust performance and analytical reporting.
- Ensure an accurate book of records is maintained within the system for all portfolios.
- Assist the Portfolio Management and Investment Services teams with building reports containing investment performance, attribution and analytics.
- Source and integrate data from all required systems and calculate statistics/exposures as needed.
- Ensure GIPS compliance for all performance measurement and reporting across the platform.
- Manage Associate Investment Services Analyst, responsible for daily trading activities and basic investment management platform maintenance.
- Subject matter expert for valuation of investments, performance measurement, peer rankings (as applicable) and various statistical analytics.
- At times, may be requested to travel to attend industry conferences (no significant time away from home is expected).
- As requested by the Managing Director – Investment Services, represent the Investments line of business on internal committees and in other relevant meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Managing Director – Investment Services.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required for the position
- Ideal candidate will have advanced, Masters-level education and/or certifications such as the Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA)
- 5+ years’ work experience, ideally in a related field working with fund accounting, custody/trading, investment performance, data analytics or similar role
- Knowledge of advanced Excel functions and ability to manipulate and transform data into usable formats
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in written form, to internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills
- Dedication to details and accuracy in daily work
- Critical thinking and foresight to see potential problems in advance
- Problem solving capabilities
- Ability to take on complex projects and work independently
- Ability to proactively identify and implement process improvements
- Must have complete confidentiality regarding GuideStone business matters
About Guide Stone
GuideStone is a diversified Christian financial services provider, offering retirement, insurance, investment management, property and casualty coverage, and executive planning products and services to the Southern Baptist and wider evangelical Christian community. GuideStone sponsors the nation’s largest Christian-screened registered mutual fund family and is located in Dallas, Texas.
LocationDallas, TX 75244