Published on 01/12/2024Tyndale House Publishers - Carol Stream, IL
Full TimeFully on-site
Tyndale House has an exciting opportunity for someone who is motivated, hard-working, and adept at generating interest for our products and authors on major media outlets. The ideal candidate would be a team player with solid communication skills—both verbal and written—and public relations, communications, or marketing experience. The publicist plans the PR campaign, creates strategic PR content for each product, and then communicates effectively to the media to secure publicity opportunities for Tyndale authors and projects (in television, radio, podcast, print, and web media). Publicists pitch and schedule interviews and editorial opportunities for authors, manage a myriad of details, and build strong working relationships with publishing groups, authors, agents, and media.
- College degree required
- 5 years minimum of relevant experience preferred in public relations, communications, and/or marketing
- In-person (versus remote) position, with potential to earn some remote flexibility once fully trained and working independently
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
- Strong project management skills required, with proven ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment while managing countless details across all projects
- Strategic/critical thinking skills a must, to best position book/author content to the most appropriate media outlets with the most relevant/salient messaging points
- An organized, self-starter who can juggle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and troubleshoot while maintaining an unflappable, professional demeanor.
- Able to address content objectively and pitch to appropriate media outlets, both Christian and secular
- Familiar with working in a news cycle and pitching to news outlets
- Social media experience required
- Both a team player and able to work independently
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite products and database knowledge and experience
- Willingness to sign the Tyndale House Ministries Statement of Faith
Sound like you? Please apply!
About Tyndale House Publishers
Since its founding in 1962, Tyndale House Publishers has been a voice to trust for generations of readers. Today, Tyndale is one of the largest independent Christian publishers in the world, employing 250 people in their suburban Chicago headquarters. Tyndale employees are committed to Tyndale's mission of making the Bible accessible to as many people as possible in language they can relate and respond to. Tyndale publishes the Holy Bible, New Living Translation (NLT) and offers nonfiction books that equip readers with Christ-centered insight, counsel, and life-improving stories. In addition, Tyndale publishes fiction from fresh new voices and celebrated authors alike, capturing the imagination of millions of readers. With a deep understanding of the importance of nurturing future generations, Tyndale also publishes children's products that make God's Word and wisdom come alive. Tyndale's independent status allows it to follow its founding model, giving a majority of annual revenue--more than $110 million throughout its history--to charitable missions. With every book sold, Tyndale readers help meet the physical and spiritual needs of people around the world.
TYNDALE and Tyndale’s quill logo are registered trademarks of Tyndale House Ministries.
Location351 Executive Dr., Carol Stream, IL 60188