Marketing Coordinator, Donations Team - Hybrid in St. Charles, IL
Published on 08/01/2022Awana - St. Charles (Central Office), IL
Full TimePartial on-site
REACH KIDS - EQUIP LEADERS - CHANGE THE WORLD
Learn more visit www.Awana.org.
This is a hybrid employment opportunity.
At Awana, we believe true change happens in the communities when children and youth are transformed by the Gospel and engaged in Biblical discipleship in the presence of a caring adult. We believe that kids can come to know, love and serve Jesus, following Him for a lifetime. This is why, for 70+ years, Awana has been working with leaders in local churches in the U.S. and around the world, providing solutions that equip these women and men to make disciples in children and youth.
Today, God is using Awana to reach over 5.1 million kids in 134 countries around the world. With over 500,000 equipped leaders in 68,000 clubs/churches, Awana is able to play a vital role in global evangelism and discipleship of children and youth.
This position works to advance the ministry of Awana by applying marketing strategies to help craft, hone and deliver our donor appreciation and donor engagement efforts. In collaboration with several internal teams, this position performs a variety of duties to achieve team goals.
- Applies marketing concepts to shape and deliver personalized campaigns designed to increase donor retention and engagement.
- Creates, edits, and proofreads copy and marketing collateral for various channels and outlets, ensuring consistent voice and tone.
- Supports donor marketing initiatives with the coordinating, planning, executing, and tracking of marketing solutions.
- Processes timely and accurate thank you receipts, acknowledgment letters, gifts and other donor correspondence and monitors inventory of items needed for mailings.
- Builds print and email communication templates, runs daily mail merges, and ensures the accuracy of batched lists of donor data and donor records in Salesforce.
- Responds to donor care requests (phone, email etc.), and acts as a liaison between departments to solve donor needs.
- Assists with seasonal donor calling campaigns.
- Supports the Development team with administrative work and event logistics, as needed.
- Supports, upholds and demonstrates the Awana cultural values in internal and external communications and relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and/or college coursework a plus.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in marketing, communications, or related work a plus.
- Minimum 1-year non-profit experience in a fundraising, philanthropic or donor capacity a plus.
- Able to work in our St. Charles, IL office 1-2 days per workweek and work from home (WFH) remainder of workweek.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite desired; experience with Salesforce DRM/CRM a plus.
- General understanding of the Bible and the Christian church in its various expressions preferred.
- Working knowledge of children’s inspirational or ministry space including demonstrated program/product familiarity preferred.
- Audience-first marketer who can see big picture, long-term campaigns and the compelling content within them.
- Passionate about hospitality or how an experience can make someone feel.
- Positive, thoughtful, appreciative, and enthusiastic approach to completion of our mission.
- Able to think big picture and at the detailed level.
- Able to identify inefficient and ineffective processes and implement improvements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Values quality and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and to also collaborate with others.
- Ability to multitask and doesn’t shy away from problem solving.
- Strong organizational, attention to detail, and time management skills.
Must be a born-again Christian. Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Must be in agreement with the Awana Doctrinal Statement. Must be in fellowship with the body of Christ through a local church. Regularly engages in reading the Holy Bible as a guide and standard for living.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
Performing the duties of this job may occur in an informal business office setting. Employee may be exposed to some dust and temperature variations. The employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee is also required to regularly utilize computer equipment (e.g., screens and keyboards) to perform work. The employee is occasionally required to move about the work environment. Standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time may occur. Ability to lift and move inventory up to 25 lbs may occur. Specific vision abilities required by this job included close vision.
Our Benefits for Full-time Team members:
- Flexible work schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision (BCBS PPO)
- HSA (employer contribution available)
- 401(k) with employer match
- Short/Long-term Disability
- Generous PTO Policy
- Life Insurance
- Great people - great culture – extraordinary mission!
Awana is a world-wide nonprofit ministry focused on providing Bible-based evangelism and discipleship solutions for ages 2-18. As the global leader in child and youth discipleship, Awana gives children the opportunity to know, love and serve Jesus, no matter their background.
LocationSt. Charles (Central Office), IL 60174